Supporting Indigenous-Led Innovation with New Partnership
The Ontario Trillium Foundation’s (OTF) Partnership Investments program is supporting a new partnership that expands Indigenous-led social finance opportunities to bring ideas and financial capital to Indigenous communities – building community wealth and improving well-being.
A new partnership was launched in Ontario to support Nurturing the Financial EcoSystem Project – an Indigenous-designed and Indigenous-led initiative that uniquely puts local decision making in the hands of Indigenous people.
This work centers Indigenous communities and knowledge to help reframe how critical social issues can be addressed using innovative social finance opportunities and private financial capital. Projects guided by community-driven outcomes can positively impact the wealth and well-being of Indigenous communities and beyond.
Led by the Raven Indigenous Impact Foundation, the project will develop tools and processes to advance this work in Ontario and help:
- support upfront costs for community-driven projects
- put solutions in the hands of Indigenous communities
- build out Indigenous social enterprises
- engage governments to pay for successful outcomes
Learn more about this innovative work and how the use of a Community-Driven Outcomes Purchasing Model will engage Indigenous communities for lasting positive change and impact.
Raven Indigenous Impact Foundation and Raven Indigenous Capital Partners, Social Economy through Social Inclusion (SETSI) and collaborators, Northpine Foundation, Lawson Foundation, Employment and Services Development Canada (ESDC) and OTF.
- The Partnership Investments program connects the non-profit, public, and private sectors to build a stronger non-profit sector in Ontario. The program's mission is to mobilize relationships and resources in communities to build the capacity of the non-profit sector to innovate and deliver better outcomes for Ontarians.
- In 2021-2022, Partnership Investments mobilized relationships and resources creating a total partnership portfolio valued at $6.4 million. This includes $1.6 million contributed by OTF, $4.8 million mobilized and $1.3 million of in-kind contributions.