$39M in Capital grants awarded to 448 non-profits
The Ontario Trillium Foundation is investing $39M through its Capital grant stream to improve community facilities and spaces and respond to the capital needs of Ontario’s communities.
Programs and services offered in safe, accessible and useful spaces play an essential role in keeping Ontarians connected and active. Having spaces to socialize, recharge and discover improves our communities, making them healthier and more vibrant.
For the 2023-2024 fiscal year, OTF’s Board of Directors has approved $39M through the Capital grant stream to support 448 projects delivered by non-profit organizations, Municipalities and Indigenous communities. Explore the Capital grants awarded.
Capital grants are awarded between $10,000 and $150,00 for projects that will improve local infrastructure so Ontarians can fully participate in the programs and services offered in their communities. Capital grants:
- Improve access to community spaces, facilities, programs, activities and services, and facilitate community members’ full participation in the life of the community
- Improve and build community spaces
- Make programs and services better and more efficient
- Make better use of technology
“Ontario’s non-profit sector is critical to the social and economic fabric of our province. The work led by non-profit organizations directly impacts communities and creates solutions to meet a variety of unique and diverse needs. OTF is pleased to support 448 non-profit organizations with $39M in Capital grants to improve community buildings and spaces and increase participation in the many important programs offered to our community members.” Said Katharine Bambrick, CEO of the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is an agency of the Government of Ontario with a mission to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario.
- In 2023-2024, OTF has awarded $31M to 295 non-profits through the Resilient Communities Fund and $39M to 448 non-profits through the Capital grant stream.
- Over the last 40 years, OTF has invested more than $2.6 billion into 28,000+ grants to build healthy and vibrant communities. Discover more about OTF’s 40 years of impact.