Ontario Trillium Foundation’s new streamlined grant application process
NEW Streamlined grant application process
We have streamlined our application process. The organization registration and grant application have been combined to create one deadline for each Investment Stream, delivering an improved applicant experience.
What does this mean for applicants?
- There will be one deadline per year for each Investment Stream.
- Organizations are required to complete and submit both organization and project information as part of the grant application.
- Each grant application is evaluated on the eligibility of the organization, the eligibility of the project and the assessment of the project (strategy, process, people, value for money).
- Organization and project information will be assessed after the grant application deadline. To review how we assess this information for Grow grant applications, read the Grow Investment Stream Applicant Assessment document.
When an organization is applying for the first time, the following fields must be completed:
- Legal Name
- Operating Name
- Organization Contact name, email, position and phone number
- Signatory Contact name, email, position and phone number
Your organization’s eligibility will be assessed as part of your submission. Please read the Grow Investment Stream Applicant Assessment document and submit all of the required information and documents. If your organization does not meet these requirements, your application will be declined.
- Ensure your organization’s charitable status or incorporation number is in good standing.
- If your organization type is not eligible to apply for OTF funding, your application will be declined.
- Ensure your organization meets OTF’s eligibility policy
- You will be required to submit your organization’s financial statements with your application. Ensure you submit the required financial statements based on your organization’s total revenues and for the appropriate fiscal year.
- You will be required to submit your organization’s Board of Directors list with your application. Note that three or more board members, with at least 50% of board members at an arm's length relationship to each other is required.
Is your organization a returning applicant/grant recipient?
If your organization has a username and password, login to our granting portal to complete an application. For every grant application that your organization submits (only one grant per Investment Stream), you are required to ensure your organization information is up-to-date and complete. This includes financial statements, Board of Directors information and organization contact details.
To review our eligibly requirements and application process, go to the Apply for a Grant page.
If you are looking for information about our Investment Strategy, the application process or require technical assistance, contact our Support Centre at email@example.com or 1 800 263-2887.
If you would like to discuss your application or project with a Program Manager, book an application coaching call.