To ensure your project and organization are a good fit with our Grow, Capital and Seed Investment Streams, use the information on this page to help you navigate the application process.
If you are interested in applying to the Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF), visit the YOF page.
Streamlined Grant Application Process
NEW We have streamlined our application process. The organization registration and grant application have been combined to create one deadline for each Investment Stream, delivering an improved applicant experience. Learn more here.
If you are looking for information about our Investment Strategy, the application process or require technical assistance, contact our Support Centre at email@example.com or 1 800 263-2887.
NEW Application Coaching Call
If you would like to discuss your application or project with a Program Manager, book an application coaching call.
Learn the basics
Before applying for a grant, learn the basics.
What we fund
- Review our eligibility requirements and policies to ensure your organization and project are eligible for funding
- Review our Financial Statements Requirements to ensure you submit the right type of Financial Statements based on your organization’s total revenues and fiscal year end date.
- Complete an online self-assessment to find out if your project fits with one of our Investment Streams
Check our grant application deadlines to ensure your organization is applying at the right time.
Plan your application
Each type of grant we fund has its own set of application questions, requirements and assessment criteria. To help your organization submit a strong application, we provide a range of resources to guide you through the application questions and process.
- NEW Learn more about Grow grants in the Grow Investment Stream Reference Manual
- Prepare your application by reading the Grow grant application questions
- Familiarize yourself with how OTF assesses the eligibility of an organization and a project by reading the Grow Investment Stream Application Assessment document
- For additional resources, go to the Grow Grants Resources page
- Prepare your application by reading the Seed grant application questions
- Familiarize yourself with how OTF assess Seed grant applications
- Prepare your application by reading the Capital grant application questions
- Familiarize yourself with how OTF assess Capital grant applications
Ensure your application meets the requirements, policies and eligible costs associated with the Investment Stream you are applying for.
- Ensure your application is complete. Answer every question and submit all requested attachments before applying.
- We do not accept late applications. Please submit your application by 5:00 p.m. ET on the deadline date or you will have to start a new application for the next deadline date.
- We do not fund retroactively. Choose your project start date so that it falls after the date when you would receive OTF notification that your grant has been approved. This is approximately a four-month period.
The next application deadline is for Seed Grants: February 26, 2020, 5 PM ET.
Please sign up for our newsletter for up-to-date granting updates.