Lead, Data Systems
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $73,125 - $107,250
Application Deadline: September 24, 2021
Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We are looking for a high performing professional to lead the design and management of a leading edge, fully integrated, cloud-based Business Intelligence (BI) system. Reporting to the Director of Measurement, Evaluation and Business Intelligence (MEBI), you will provide leadership in strategy, processes, and implementation of the Foundation’s BI system development, management, and governance. The lead will liaise with key business owners and team members to ensure BI system, data models and processes are optimized for BI, reporting, and analytics needs across the Foundation. You will work with the Director of MEBI to ensure systems are in place to support internal and external data and reporting needs.
What can I expect in this role?
- Leads the implementation of the Foundation’s BI framework as it relates to data systems and infrastructure
- Oversees optimal design and function of technical infrastructure of BI systems to deliver BI strategy for Foundation
- Identifies and integrates new data sources and builds ETL pipelines to Azure Data Lake
- Leads OTF’s Data Governance strategy, and acts as advocate and driver of the program in collaboration with the VP, Partnerships and Measurement, and Director, MEBI.
- Supports the Foundation’s annual Business Intelligence plan with general guidance to the Director, MEBI, and carries out approved BI initiatives and projects
- Leads the development of BI solutions from a people, process and technology perspective.
- Supports the Measurement, Evaluation, and Business Intelligence department’s planning and strategy development
- Liaises with other OTF departments (including all business, operational, strategic and granting units) to integrate all BI matters related to performance measurement, data collection and reporting activities as required
- In collaboration with other MEBI team members and the Director, participates in the development and execution of analytics roadmap strategies, business cases, RFP/RFI submissions, cost-benefit analysis and benefits realization deliverables
- Develops the BI budget with general guidance from the Director MEBI and in collaboration with the Director, IT
Skills and Attributes
- Experience in 360-degree enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions that connect digital tools to decision-makers through data warehouse, Data Modeling, ETL layers, and analytic tools
- Data analytics, research, conceptual and problem solving skills required to design and manage implementation of complex data and business intelligence strategies to support research, program evaluation, performance management and other data-related initiatives
- Strong background in relational databases and Business Intelligence concepts, methods, tools and technologies, with focus on Microsofts’ Azure environment (including Data Lake, Data Warehouse, DataBricks) and Power BI platform
- Experience with programming in SQL, R, Python and/or others to support data modeling, cleaning, and integration
- Experience with Data Governance tools and workstreams, including data catalogues, metadata, data quality and/or others
- Leadership and collaboration skills required to work with and support business owners’
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, including interpersonal and communication skills required to collaborate with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external to the Foundation
- Ability to learn and use a variety of new and existing programs and software tools, including Synapse, Purview, Excel
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally, primarily within Ontario
- Bilingualism is an asset
- A team player with a sense of humour
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
How do I qualify?
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a business intelligence, computer science, or data engineering/science role in the for-profit or not for profit sector
- Ability to lead on-premise and cloud-based BI systems
- Ability to communicate complicated technical concepts in data governance and data systems to non-technical business owners
- Supports data analysis and reporting activities as assigned
- Experience in analytics and application of statistical concepts and evaluation
- Provides research and analytical support to sector and technical experts; provides guidance to the Foundation’s Strategic and Community Investment Programs
- Possesses a clear understanding of OTF’s Business Intelligence Strategy and acts as advocate and driver of the program
- Experience and demonstrated success in project management
- University degree in any of the quantitative sciences or computer science
- Experience working in a multi-stakeholder environment with competing priorities
- We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation
- OTF is a certified Positive Space employer, which means we create and promote safe spaces for all individuals in our workplaces. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, which includes supporting people living with disabilities, and people from the BIPOC and LGBTTQ+ communities. We value a culture where everyone feels respected, valued, heard, and included
- OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- OTF is a Nut-Free and Scent Free Environment
Application Deadline: September 24, 2021
Directions for Application:
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume online.Apply now!