Business Analytics and Reporting Specialist
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $55,650 - $74,200
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario.
The Ontario Trillium Foundation is looking for a motivated individual to join the Measurement, Evaluation and Business Intelligence team to provide advanced analytics and reporting support evidence-based decision making and strategic direction of the Foundation. Join a talented team to enhance the Foundation’s capacity to evaluate and measure our impact, through the analysis of large volumes of grantee data.
The Business Analytics and Reporting Specialist contributes to the Foundation’s comprehensive use of internal and external datasets to support decision making and evidence-informed organizational strategy. You will work with the Measurement, Evaluation and Business Intelligence team to provide a priori and ad hoc business analytics and reporting support to other business units generated from granting and CRM datasets managed in our Azure Data Warehouse. In conjunction with the other members of the MEBI team, you will ensure data is analyzed and accessible for strategic decision making. This role is responsible for enabling the Foundation to make informed business decisions and effectively determine evidence-based strategies. You will be able to integrate structured and unstructured data fields to perform relevant analyses to translate datasets into actionable business insights.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provides subject matter expertise in statistics and business analytics, including knowledge of external best practices, emerging trends, and technologies that will be relevant to the needs of the Foundation
- Develops the data analysis plan to support the Foundation’s evidence-based decision making with existing granting and operational datasets and identifies additional sources of data to contribute value to business analytics
- Conducts quantitative analysis of granting data including applications data, progress and final reports, and operational, including CRM data
- Designs and delivers systematic qualitative analysis of unstructured data fields, including extensive analysis of text-based data
- Works with business owners to provide statistical analysis and insights regarding ad hoc and a priori reporting needs of structured and unstructured data fields
- Supports the Foundation’s strategic planning, data collection and reporting activities as required
- Supports MEBI’s sector and technical guidance to the Foundation’s data and business intelligence systems as required
Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional skill in quantitative and qualitative analysis including a demonstrated ability to apply the analysis to diverse business needs
- Exceptional technical skills related to working with large data sets, including regression and cluster analyses
- Experience with statistical programming, including R and other code-based techniques
- Experience organizing and structuring large-scale qualitative analysis, including integration of structured and unstructured data fields.
- Experience with Microsoft cloud environment including Azure Data Warehouse, DataBricks, and PowerBI
- Experience communicating data insights through reports, visualizations, and other communications to range of business owners
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including ability to publish short and meaningful reports and articles
- Interpersonal skills required to collaborate with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external to the Foundation
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Advance experience or training in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook); digital literacy, including the ability to learn and use a variety of programs and software tools, social media and collaborative software tools
- Ability to work co-operatively with all levels with staff and volunteers
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
How Do I Qualify?
- Post-secondary university degree in a relevant field (e.g. Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Math or other discipline)
- Three years progressive experience in data analytics, quantitative research analysis, or data science in a public sector or not for profit setting
- Experience in data integration, modeling, and cleaning
- Experience with applied econometrics and linear regression, and cluster analysis is an asset
- We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
- OTF is a certified Positive Space employer, which means we create and promote safe spaces for all individuals in our workplaces. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, which includes supporting people living with disabilities, and people from the BIPOC and LGBTTQ+ communities. We value a culture where everyone feels respected, valued, heard, and included.
- OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- OTF is a Nut-Free and Scent Free Environment.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
Directions for Application:
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume online.Apply Now!