Bilingual Program Manager
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Northern Ontario
Salary Range: $64,009 - $85,345
Application Deadline: October 8, 2022
Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $100 million, the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) awards grants to some 700 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities. OTF makes strategic investments that contribute to community wellbeing across six Action Areas: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People and Prosperous People.
Each year, more than 3,000 applications are reviewed by hundreds of volunteers. Supported by professional and experienced staff, volunteers bring knowledge of local needs and a wide range of expertise to the decision-making process.
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
We are looking for a high-performing professional to fill the role of Bilingual Program Manager.
As an individual contributor, the role of the Bilingual Program Manager (PM) comprises three main functions: Applicant support & outreach, assessment & volunteer support, and monitoring & grantee support. The PM plays a critical role in training and supporting Grant Review Team (GRT) volunteers and GRT Chairs. The role also contributes to working groups and team efforts within the department and across the Foundation to ensure consistent and accurate application of OTF policies and processes in the delivery of its granting streams.
The Bilingual Program Manager reports to a Director, Community Investments.
What Can I Expect to do in this Role?
- Ensure applicants and grantees have a clear and accurate understanding of expectations, responsibilities and requirements.
- Provide outstanding customer service and positive end user experience in all aspects of the role
- Understand and accurately apply OTF policies, guidelines and processes
- Support OTF clients by proactively delivering clear and accurate information through outreach sessions and workshops
- Provide coaching support (one-on-one and group) to potential and declined applicants and respond to questions in a timely manner
- Conduct application analysis and assessments that: are impartial and fair; support OTF’s investment strategy and follow OTF policies and procedures
- Support Grant Review Teams to have a clear and accurate understanding of their role and the investment strategy
- Support Grant Review Teams to deliver fair, clear, evidence-based scoring and decision-making that is consistent with the investment strategy and policies
- Monitor and support active grants through timely, regular and high engagement approaches
- Contribute to planning and developing tools and resources to support the core functions of the job
Skills and Attributes
- Conceptual, analytical, research and problem-solving skills, including good judgement and conflict resolution
- Ability to develop outreach and applicant support strategies, assess applications, and monitor outcomes
- Ability to work in teams of peers
- Ability to coordinate meetings and liaise with volunteers on a Grant Review Team
- Organizational and financial assessment/management skills
- Knowledge of non-profit sector and the diversity of Ontario
- High degree of interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and take initiative and be accountable for quality work and decision-making
- A “digital first” mindset with the ability to work effectively at a high level and on an ongoing basis with different technologies and platforms
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally including to:
- manage difficult conversations, and
- professionally represent organizational strategies and, policies, as well as granting requirements and decisions
- Ability to manage projects, coordinate complex activities, organize multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
How Do I Qualify?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline and three to five years progressive experience or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with the diversity of the OTF’s clientele and stakeholder groups in communities within the assigned region
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a staff and/or board member of a charitable or non-profit community organization is an asset
- Bilingualism English/French is required
- We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
- OTF is committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization for all individuals in our workplaces, which includes supporting people living with disabilities, people from the Black, Indigenous, People of colour (BIPOC) and from 2SLGBTQIA+ communities
- We value a culture where everyone feels respected, valued, heard, and included.
- OTF is a certified Positive Space employer, which means we create and promote safe spaces for LGBTTQ+ communities.
- OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- This job posting falls under the Public Service of Ontario Act, 2006
- OTF supports remote working, and will accommodate employees who live within Ontario
- In support of the health, safety and well-being of all employees, OTF has a mandatory Vaccination Policy in place
Application Deadline: October 8, 2022
Directions for Application:
To apply for this position, submit your cover letter and resume online.Apply now!