Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Ontario Trillium Foundation. Our volunteers are central to the work that we do in communities across Ontario.
The Ontario Trillium Foundation is on a journey to pursue a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in everything we do. As signatories to the Philanthropic Community’s Declaration of Action, we are always looking for ways to deliver on our commitment to Truth and Reconciliation initiatives going forward. As a public agency, funder, and employer, we do our work by living the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and ensuring that we are reflective of the diversity of those we serve. We are looking for volunteers that will help us with our mission, values and the transformation our journey will bring in the way we work and serve Ontario communities.
Volunteers are appointed to review and recommend projects for funding in Ontario's communities. Up to 336 volunteers bring their diverse perspectives and knowledge from regions across the province to the work of the Foundation. Volunteers are stewards of public funds and work to ensure a broad range of perspectives are represented in the 16 Grant Review Teams in catchments that inform grant-making decisions across Ontario.
As a volunteer you will:
- Be an ambassador for OTF’s mission and values
- Ensure grants serve Ontarians, like you!
- Make recommendations for grants that align with OTF's Investment Strategy, and have a positive impact in communities
- Assess between approximately 10-25 applications from your region each cycle
- Need to commit on average 25 hours of volunteering each granting cycle (3-4 per year)
- Travel to meetings may be required
If you have a digital first mindset, a deep commitment to your community, and you are willing to learn, apply to be a volunteer by sending your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.