COMMITTED TO ACCESSIBILITY FOR ALL
Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is committed to provide accessible and high quality service to all service users including people with disabilities in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and you can learn more about our commitment on our web site at http://www.otf.ca/accessibility.
The Knowledge Centre makes use of industry-standard techniques and best practices to provide the highest possible level of accessibility for our visitors. These include:
- Any and all information conveyed with colour is still readable if a user is unable to distinguish colour.
- Any image used on the Knowledge Centre contains a textual description that can be read out loud by your screen reader.
- Any video produced by OTF includes optional subtitles.
- Link text or phrases are written to make sense when read out loud by a screen reader.
- All font-sizes found on our web site use relative units of measurement to ensure that font sizes can be properly adjusted in your browser settings.
- Cascading Style Sheets (or CSS) have been used to control the look and feel of the Knowledge Centre. If your browser is unable to use style sheets, the information within our site is still be accessible.
- All pages use headings to create a proper document structure. Some screen readers offer the ability to cycle through headings by pressing the 'H' key on your keyboard.
Due to technical conditions beyond our control, there are some instances where we are unable to provide a comparable, accessible user experience (for example, some screen readers may be unable to process dynamic, ribbon-type menus). We will be monitoring these sections, and develop an accessible solution as technology improves.
As a community site, OTF encourages external site members to make their content equally accessible for those with disabilities. However, we are unable to guarantee accessibility for content produced by external site members.
For the sake of timeliness, OTF may occasionally post OTF-branded content immediately while we work to create an equivalent accessible version. In such cases, accessible versions of content will be provided on the Knowledge Centre within 10 business days of the original posting.
Please contact OTF at email@example.com should you encounter any information that is inaccessible and we will provide the information in an alternate format.