Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $100 million, the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) awards grants to some 700 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities. OTF makes strategic investments that contribute to community wellbeing across six Action Areas: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People and Prosperous People.
Each year, more than 3,000 applications are reviewed by hundreds of volunteers. Supported by professional and experienced staff, volunteers bring knowledge of local needs and a wide range of expertise to the decision-making process.
Build your Career at OTF:
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
We are looking for a high-performing professional to fill the role of Volunteer Relations Coordinator.
The Volunteer Relations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the coordination of activities geared toward stakeholder relations with a focus on OTF volunteers. They will work closely with the Volunteer Relations Manager to ensure the full engagement of OTF volunteers. Key deliverables regarding volunteer relations include: management of the contact system for volunteers, recruitment, on-boarding and recognition and support to specials projects and events that have an impact on volunteers and stakeholders.
The Volunteer Relations Coordinator reports to the Volunteer Relations Manager.
OTF continues to operate under hiring restrictions; however, for front-line business critical positions to OTF operations, roles may be approved for hire where necessary. Due to hiring restrictions, at this time, this role is being hired as a one-year contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.
- Under the guidance of the Volunteer Relations Manager, coordinates the facilitation of the new and re-appointments process for all volunteers with the Public Appointments Secretariat (PAS)
- Collaborates on pro-active Volunteer recruitment campaigns
Administration and Contact Management:
- Oversees the monitoring of the volunteer and stakeholder data by maintaining the customer relations management (CRM) system and resolving issues when they arise, with the support of the Information Management department, if necessary
- Provides administrative and logistical support on projects, events and assignments that have an impact on volunteer and stakeholder relations
- Works with the Volunteer Relations Manager to train staff about CRM good practices if necessary
- Works collaboratively with staff from all other departments, when needed in regard with event planning, correspondence and communications needs. May also provide back-up service for the Public Relations Associates to support the organization of recognition events when needed
- Prepare reports for Board meetings as needed
- Support the onboarding and recognition of Board members as needed
- Point person for volunteer inquiries, supporting volunteers as requested
- Troubleshoot IT issues related to onboarding and on-going grant assessment
- Initiate, monitor and track volunteer’s annual compliance with OTF policies
- Support Community Investments to ensure accuracy in systems each granting cycle
Volunteer Engagement & Recognition:
- Works closely with the Volunteers Relations Manager developing tools for the oversight of volunteer engagement issues
- Assists in the planning, development and implementation of strategies to enhance volunteer culture at OTF
- Coordinates and executes on all aspects of monthly volunteer memo (content and digital)
- Coordinates the volunteer appreciation processes, including tracking of recognition awards and relevant social media activities as well as the development of recognition activities
- Initiates and oversees the OTF submissions process for the Ontario Volunteer Service Awards program.
- Creates and develops volunteer-related digital content through various mediums
- Prepares acknowledgement documents for volunteers who are departing (resignation, term expiry and revocation)
- Supports GRT volunteer appointment process through; developing reports on vacancies and new appointments and arranging GRT candidate interviews
- Develops communications and recruitment activities to streamline recruitment process and support diversity and regional representation within the volunteer candidate pool
- Monitor the Volunteer Email Box – applicant inquiries
- Screen and interview file reviewer applicants as needed
On-Boarding & Orientation:
- Supporting volunteer training, managing communication of appointments to key departments
- Supports the development of procedures to standardize volunteer orientation across the foundation
- Coordinates various elements of training and development of newly appointed volunteers
- Administrative responsibilities for on-boarding & orientation
- Set-up all IT aspects of new volunteers (Active Directory, E-learnings, Catalyst)
- Event planning and coordination for in-person orientation sessions as required
- Tech savvy and computer literate, including intermediate computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), ability to quickly learn new programs, database management and social media skills
- Ability to coordinate activities, organize multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, assisting others when necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to edit and use graphics to communicate ideas and provide detailed responses to requests for information
- Discretion and tact, and the ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
- Relevant post-secondary education at the college-level, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to five years of customer service or project management experience in a client service- oriented environment with demonstrated ability in learning and using various computer office software programs
- Experience in or ability to prepare and work with large volumes of data
- Experience in producing accurate reports under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines
- Experience with contact management systems and best practices in CRM
- Knowledge of the diversity of the Foundation’s clientele and stakeholder groups
- Bilingualism (French and English) would be an asset
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume online.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
The closing date for this posting is November 11, 2019.
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OTF is a Nut-Free and Scent Free Environment.