Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $100 million, the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) awards grants to some 700 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities. OTF makes strategic investments that contribute to community wellbeing across six Action Areas: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People and Prosperous People.
Each year, more than 3,000 applications are reviewed by hundreds of volunteers. Supported by professional and experienced staff, volunteers bring knowledge of local needs and a wide range of expertise to the decision-making process.
Build your Career at OTF:
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
We are looking for a high-performing professional to fill the role of Technical Business Analyst.
Reporting and operating under the functional guidance of the Senior Manager of Information Technology, this role works in close collaboration with the support and development team to ensure project deliverables and project timelines are achieved. With a focus on enhancing and adding granting programs to OTF’s grant management system built on the SmartSimple platform, this role will facilitate requirements gathering, produce requirements and build documentation, implement SmartSimple configuration changes, and assist with systems testing with project stakeholders.
OTF continues to operate under hiring restrictions; however, for front-line business critical positions to OTF operations, roles may be approved for hire where necessary. Due to hiring restrictions, at this time, this role is being hired as a one-year contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Business Analysis: 50%
- Facilitates requirements gathering through research and/or interviews with stakeholders/SMEs and document project requirements
- Translates business requirements into technical build documents that internal and external development teams can use
- Identifies test scope and develops test checklists and scenarios for projects
- Makes recommendations on system and business process improvements by creating business cases and user stories based on the new platform features of the SmartSimple system
- Delivers road maps, current state analyses, technical documents and diagrams
- Performs root-cause analysis for the technical issues reported by end-users
- Helps design, document and maintain system processes
- Analyzes risks and constraints involved in proposed solutions
- Works with the Lead, Systems Training to create digital systems training material
- Documents and maintains the change requests from various stakeholders of the system
- Researches and stays current on emerging design trends and practices
SmartSimple System Platform Configuration: 50%
- Works with the Applications Team on major build projects on the Grants Management System
- Implements system configurations under the technical guidance of the Lead, Applications
- Perform systems testing and supports UAT during server upgrades, system enhancements and major build projects
- Provides technical support in consultation for internal staff and second tier support for external users and volunteers, identifying and independently resolves problems within established parameters, processes, procedures, policies and practices
- Participates in the assessment of the efficiency of the grants-administration process and procedures, identifies areas for improvement and suggests changes
- Oversees IT process compliance by auditing every stage of the granting cycle, generating reports to verify completeness, accuracy and adherence to process, takes corrective actions
- Plans IT Support activities based on the Granting Critical path for all programs
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts is an asset
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills (written, verbal & presentation)
- Experienced in capturing and documenting solution requirements using Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong analytical, data, and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical and customer focused skills
- Working knowledge of databases, data modelling concepts & best practices
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new systems and adapt to new business processes and procedures.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain a Collaborative and respectful approach among team members, while ensuring that standards are met, and procedures followed
- Bilingualism English & French is an asset
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
- Certification in Business Analysis
- Must have at least 1-3 years of application configuration experience with SmartSimple or similar platform
- Experience with Grants Management System on SmartSimple platform, Salesforce, HRIS and SharePoint applications preferred
- Post-secondary education in computer science or related discipline or equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your cover letter and resume online.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
The closing date for this posting is December 8, 2019.
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OTF is a Nut-Free and Scent Free Environment.