Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, The Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $100 million, OTF awards grants to some 700 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities.
This summer employment program is for students only.
Students must meet the eligibility criteria of the program:
All students must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment or up to 29 years for persons with a disability, if disabled, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, as amended from time to time.
- Proof of enrollment must be provided to the employer.
- Students must be residents of Ontario.
- Students must be eligible to work in Canada.
Note: The applicant should be living in Ontario at the time they start work. The intention of the program is to provide career related experience to eligible students that are also eligible to work in Ontario.
- Supports the LinkedIn branding project
- Assists with developing Talent & Engagement’s (T & E) Learning Development Portal on the company’s intranet
- Contributes to the recruitment process by preparing interview documents, maintaining applicant tracking records and closing competition files
- Reorganizes T & E’s employee records/document management shared Drive to make it more efficient to navigate
- Assists with administrative functions: filling, scanning, copying and maintaining hard and soft copies of employee files
- Participates in Health and Safety initiatives as required
- Maintains and updates T&E documents on the company’s intranet as required e.g., Organizational Chart.
- Other ad hoc T&E duties as assigned from time to time
- Computer literate and excellent skills with all Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and good knowledge of LinkedIn required
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, a willingness to pitch in. Detail oriented and have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of best HR practices and employment legislation will be an asset.
- Knowledge of non-profit organisations would be an asset.
Students will receive hands-on training and guidance by our experienced Talent & Engagement staff
The opportunity to work with professionals, in HR and other fields, as you develop in your career
$14.00 per hour
July/August 2020 for 6 weeks
With the possibility of an extension
To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your cover letter and resume online:
The closing date for this posting is July 12, 2020
To learn more about the Ontario Trillium Foundation, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This 2020 Summer Experience Program position is co-sponsored by the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries and the Citizenship and Immigration Division of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.