Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, The Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $100 million, OTF awards grants to some 700 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities.
This summer employment program is for students only.
Students must meet the eligibility criteria of the program:
All students must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment or up to 29 years for persons with a disability, if disabled, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, as amended from time to time.
- Proof of enrollment must be provided to the employer
- Students must be residents of Ontario
- Students must be eligible to work in Canada
Note: The applicant should be living in Ontario at the time they start work. The intention of the program is to provide career related experience to eligible students that are also eligible to work in Ontario.
- Learn the granting system and Local Poverty Reduction Fund program requirements to support evaluation and learning opportunities
- Collecting, collating, reviewing, formatting and summarizing evaluation data from LPRF grants, as needed
- Manage information as needed observing established file naming convention and keywords
- Maintain accurate records of information
- Comply with privacy and confidentiality policy in handling information
- Review evaluation reports and supplementary materials: Theory of Change, Detailed Plan, yearly Progress Updates and Final Reports etc.
- With team, develop shareable insights and learnings across poverty specific indicators
- Present ideas and learning products to suit internal and external audiences
- Completion of special projects
The applicant should have intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Excel & Word). Good analytical and problem-solving skills, meticulous and a willingness to pitch in. Detail oriented and have good interpersonal and communication skills. Typing speed of 50 w.p.m.
Knowledge of poverty reduction, public policy and evaluation would be differentiators. Experience and background with not for profit, government, or social services would be an asset.
Knowledge of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Students will receive hands-on training and guidance by our experienced staff in a granting environment.
$14.00 per hour
July/August 2020 (for six weeks)
To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your cover letter and resume online:
The closing date for this posting is July 12, 2020
To learn more about the Ontario Trillium Foundation, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This 2020 Summer Experience Program position is co-sponsored by the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries and the Citizenship and Immigration Division of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.