We are one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $100 million, OTF awards grants to some 700 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities.
The Local Poverty Reduction Fund (LPRF) is an initiative launched by the Ontario government in 2015 to support innovative, community-driven projects that measurably improve the lives of those most affected by poverty. It provides funding to community organizations and municipalities to support and evaluate their poverty reduction initiatives, create partnerships and build a body of evidence of programs that work for Ontarians living in poverty.
The Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is administering the fund on behalf of the Ontario government and is thrilled to be part of such an important initiative to build healthier and more vibrant communities.
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
We are currently hiring for a full-time Program Support position for the duration of the program. Reporting to the Director, Local Poverty Reduction Fund, and in collaboration with other team members and other departments, the position provides telephone and written support to the administration of the Local Poverty Reduction Fund and grantees. High volume of calls /emails and ad-hoc requests from customers with varying needs (technical, contractual, process, informational).
OTF continues to operate under hiring restrictions; however, for front-line business critical positions to OTF operations, roles may be approved for hire where necessary.
- Works with the Program Managers in the LPRF team on disseminating information about the program
- Designs and develops information resources for community engagement sessions
- Provide technical support and user assistance for a custom system
- Maintains record of input from stakeholder meetings to contribute to LPRF program development
- Supports various administrative processes in relation to ongoing multiple stakeholder engagement
- Assists the Program Managers in the LPRF team with the retrieval and analysis of information to respond to requests from various stakeholders, including Ministry liaison
- Serves as a contact with various stakeholders and the general public to provide information and counseling related to the LPRF program. Flags, refers questions to others and coordinates activities as appropriate
- Participates as a full team member of the Ontario Trillium Foundation staff and assumes responsibility for special projects, events and committee work as required
- Ability to coordinate complex activities, organize multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in order to work as part of a team and to coordinate the exchange of information with internal and external clientele as well as stakeholder groups
- Responsiveness to client inquiries
- Comfortable with fluctuating workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, assisting others when necessary
- Demonstrated knowledge of the community groups who could benefit from the LPRF program
- Research, analytical, and communication skills in order to provide detailed responses to requests for information
- Discretion and tact, and the ability to work with information and maintain confidentiality
- A “digital first” mindset to enable efficient business processes through the use of technology
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
- Relevant post-secondary education at the college-level, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to five years of office administration experience in a client service oriented environment
- Knowledge of the diversity of the Foundation’s clientele and stakeholder groups
- Previous customer service experience
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume online via this link: Program Support, LPRF
For more information, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
The closing date for this posting is September 14, 2019.
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OTF is a Nut-Free and Scent Free Environment.