Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario.
The Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF) is a program of the Government of Ontario administered by the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF).
YOF provides grants and capacity building supports to grassroots groups, community-based organizations and collaboratives focused on improving the wellbeing of children, youth, and families facing systemic barriers. We are committed investing in initiatives led by and for Indigenous and Black youth and families living in urban, rural, and remote communities.
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
We are looking for a high-performing professional to fill the role of YOF Program Administrator – Bilingual (English/French).
The YOF Program Administrator - Bilingual (PA-B) reports to the Senior Manager, YOF, and also works with the Director, YOF, to ensure the smooth delivery of key program components. This includes providing administrative supports for YOF’s annual grant cycle, YOF volunteers, YOF’s capacity building program and overall program development. In collaboration with other team members, including YOF Program Managers, YOF Capacity Building Lead, and YOF Program Evaluator, the YOF PA-B supports the customer service, administration and delivery of the Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF) program.
OTF continues to operate under hiring restrictions; however, for front-line business critical positions to OTF operations, roles may be approved for hire where necessary. Due to hiring restrictions, at this time, this role is being hired as a one-year contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.
- Provides responses to external enquiries by clarifying desired information and logging of inquiries (CRM), researching, locating and providing inquirers with the relevant information especially as it relates to all policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance navigating grant application system and program requirements
- Supports YOF PM Team in smooth execution of PM responsibilities and core granting operations.
- Conducts reviews of organizations to ensure that they meet program requirements
- Supports team of YOF volunteer reviewers with a focus on communications and meeting/training logistics
- Supports YOF Team’s monitoring and grants management efforts, including coordination of logistics related to in-person sessions and events, webinars, and learning circles.
- Responsible for document management on the YOF’s intranet
- Holds and manages Team Calendar, including vacations, events, outreach sessions, deadlines, due dates, GRC meetings, etc.
- Support YOF Team meetings, including coordination of agenda and minute-taking
- Performs activities/tasks according to relevant critical paths and administrative procedures throughout the life cycle of an application/grant for YOF.
- Provides administrative support by working collaboratively with other Program Administrators team members in sharing the work load throughout the life cycle of each granting period.
- Deep understanding and sustained practice of equity and anti-oppression in work with colleagues and communities
- Brings lived experience and deep commitment to continuously grow knowledge of the diverse Indigenous and Black communities in the province, including historical contexts, contemporary realities, and leadership and resilience of Indigenous and Black peoples
- Ability to coordinate complex activities, organize multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Ability to work as part of a team, assisting others when needed.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated writing skills, including the ability to present accurate/ factual information clearly to diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate the exchange of information with all stakeholder groups.
- Research, analytical, and communication skills in order to provide relevant responses to requests for information.
- Discretion and tact, and the ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Computer software skills in order to process and maintain automated information and data, and basic research skills in order to search for and locate information.
- Attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of data and file integrity.
- Ability to assess the capacity, leadership and fiscal qualifications of applicant organizations and active grantees.
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver.
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity.
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better.
- Relevant post-secondary education at the college-level, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to five years of office administration experience in a client service-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of the diversity of the Foundation’s clientele and stakeholder groups.
- Ability to work in both English and French is required.
Multilingualism is an asset, including knowledge of Indigenous languages.
We invite applications from people who reflect the diverse communities we serve, including Indigenous (First Nation, Metis and Inuit) and Black peoples.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume online:
For more information, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
The closing date for this posting is Friday February 14, 2020.
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OTF is a Nut-Free and Scent Free Environment.