Ontario Trillium Foundation’s (OTF) strategic investments support programs and projects that we know contribute to community wellbeing. OTF is the largest granting foundation in Canada, and our participatory model of grant making means that local volunteers (Grant Review Team GRT) in each of 16 areas across Ontario are responsible for selecting successful grants.
The Foundation’s Investment Strategy focuses on six Actions Areas: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People and Prosperous People. OTF provides grants to enhance programs, services and benefits that will reach more vulnerable people and lead communities toward a brighter future. Our website at www.otf.ca contains comprehensive details on our Investment Strategy, granting streams, programs as well as our completely online application process.
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
Program Administrators (PAs) support the customer service and administrative services to internal and external stakeholders of the Foundation to ensure efficient delivery of OTF’s grant making operations and programs. This position is predominantly inbound call answering. You will be the first point of contact providing assistance for navigating the OTF grant application system and be responsible for registering applicants and assessing their eligibility.
- Answers and provides responses to external telephone and electronic enquiries by clarifying desired information, researching, locating and providing inquirers with the relevant information especially as it relates to OTF strategies, policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance as needed for navigating the OTF grant application system and accessing program requirements and other information on the OTF website.
- Resolves customer problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; and escalating unresolved queries as appropriate.
- Maintains support center database (CRM) by logging accurate and appropriate information.
- Verifies organization registration information submitted by new registrants and current applicants.
- Reviews and analyzes submitted financial statement information to evaluate organization eligibility to apply for OTF funds.
- Tracks receipt of final reports to ensure compliance with grant requirement and monitoring standards.
- Reviews final reports, ensures complete information is provided, documents findings and may make recommendations regarding next steps.
- Closes files as required while following the life cycles of the grants.
- Works collaboratively with other Program Administrator team members in sharing the workload throughout the life cycle of each granting period.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Contributes to enhancing organizational reputation by accepting ownership for all Support Center enquiries and ensuring satisfactory resolution.
- Bilingualism (French & English) is a requirement.
- Solid experience in a customer service oriented environment. Ability to handle stressful situations and possible difficult conversations with clients.
- Solid analytical skills to assess the capacity, leadership and fiscal qualifications of applicant organizations and active grantees
- Good research skills to navigate, search for and locate information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide relevant and detailed responses to requests for information. Demonstrated writing skills, including the ability to present accurate/ factual information clearly to diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate complex activities, organize multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of data and file integrity.
- Discretion and tact, and the ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- A “can do,” roll-up-your-sleeves approach
- A “digital first” mindset to enable efficient business processes through the use of technology.
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
- Relevant post-secondary education at the college-level, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to five years of office administration experience
- Proven customer service skills and experience
- Experience in a call centre environment is an asset
- Knowledge of the diversity of the Foundation’s clientele and stakeholder groups is an asset (but not required)
To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your cover letter and resume online.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
The closing date for this posting is September 18, 2017
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.