Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is also one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $100 million, the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) awards grants to some 700 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities. OTF makes strategic investments that contribute to community wellbeing across six Action Areas: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People and Prosperous People.
Each year, more than 3,000 applications are reviewed by hundreds of volunteers. Supported by professional and experienced staff, volunteers bring knowledge of local needs and a wide range of expertise to the decision-making process.
Build your Career at OTF:
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
We are looking for a high-performing professional to fill the role of Bilingual Communications Officer.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Bilingual Communications Officer works on internal and external communication projects and plans by supporting the work of both the communication team and other departments. Acts as a brand steward by ensuring consistent, quality communications across the organization.
OTF continues to operate under hiring restrictions; however, for front-line business critical positions to OTF operations, roles may be approved for hire where necessary. Due to hiring restrictions, at this time, this role is being hired as a one-year contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.
- Works collaboratively with other departments, to design and execute projects to meet the needs of OTF’s business plan creates communications plans to support these projects
- Researches, writes and edits publications/reports in collaboration with other staff and departments for use across multiple channels
- Contributes to the development of OTF’s corporate products including the Annual Report, research publications, as well as program related materials i.e. Program Guidelines, etc.
- Reviews communication materials to ensure content meets OTF brand and editorial standards
- Creatively finds opportunities and provides strategic guidance to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the work of the Foundation
- Support government partner events and announcement by producing and/or reviewing relevant communication materials
- Provides guidance and/or develops speaking notes and other communications material supplied to OTF volunteers, Board Members and OTF staff
- Develops and implements brand awareness plans, including advertisement opportunities, cross-promotion initiatives and partnerships with external stakeholders
- Supports the implementation of the online communication plans, including social media activities, content development for the OTF website and other appropriate platforms when needed
- Works collaboratively with members of the Communications team on all stakeholder communications initiatives
- Is informed and stays current with monitoring/tracking/scanning processes related to media to inform our issues management monitoring
- Develops and implements a proactive media strategy to identify, build and maintain productive relationships with all levels of media across the province including writing and promoting news releases and stories to targeted media through traditional and evolving online methods
- Acts as single point of contact for all media relations and inquiries
- Performs ongoing media monitoring and analytics review to enhance understanding of OTF’s brand
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Attention to detail and above average organizational and project management skills
- Strategic thinking and team spirit, and ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects simultaneously by setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- High degree of comfort with technology and various platforms
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
- A degree or diploma in Journalism, Public Relations, Corporate Communications or a related field with at least five years’ experience in a communications role or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in the public or not-for-profit sector
- A history working directly with the Ontario provincial government or other governmental experience is important
- Experience in the development and production of written and creative materials
- Experience in issues management
- Bilingualism (French & English) is a requirement for this position
To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your cover letter and resume online.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
The closing date for this posting is January 26, 2020.
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OTF is a Nut-Free and Scent Free Environment.